Why Is Dog Walking Important?
Dogs are happiest when they are home, surrounded by familiar sights, smells and sounds. When dog owners are at work or away for the day, they have few options for the care of their dog. One choice is boarding or day care. Another is relying on family, friends or neighbors to help. But these solutions are often not the best choice for your dog, your home or yourself.
Our dog walking service offers an excellent alternative. Dog walkers come to your house and take your dog out for a healthy and safe walk around your neighborhood and also perform any other tasks you request.
Austin Pet Care walkers offer dog owners relief from the anxiety that often results from leaving a dog alone for long periods or placing your dog in a strange environment. Owners do not need to transport unhappy dogs away from their homes and then worry that they might be exposed to illnesses carried by other dogs. Your dogs stay safe and comfortable at home. They get regular exercise and potty breaks. Your dog will be pampered by a caring and dependable professional using the care instructions that you specify. Professional dog walking allows owners to confidently leave their dogs at home, knowing that they will receive the love and care they deserve.
Puppies (under 1 year): – Daily mid-day walks help establish and maintain a house breaking schedule. Proper house breaking requires a consistent schedule of potty breaks for your puppy. Crate trained puppies need to get out every 3-4 hours for proper training and socialization. Walks for puppies are scheduled within a one-hour time window.
Adult Dogs: Adult dogs need regular exercise to ensure good physical and mental health. Owners who work long hours can depend on us to walk their dogs during the day when their time is the most limited. Crated dogs are in particular need of a mid-day break. Over-crating and under exercising can result in a hyperactive, under-socialized dog who is harder to live with and train. Regular walks will aid in weaning dogs off their crate. Walks for healthy adult dogs are scheduled within a 2 hour time window.
Elderly Dogs: Elderly dogs often need more frequent potty breaks than younger dogs. When older dogs have accidents they often become stressed because they have been trained to go outside but just cannot hold it any longer. Daily walks give the elderly dog their much needed potty break and exercise. Walks for elderly dogs are scheduled within a 1 – 2 hour time window, depending on their needs.
Dog Walking Services Available
- Only serving the following zip codes: 78745 and 78704
- Dog Walking/Running
- Fresh Water and Feeding
- Treat Feeding (if allowed)
- Play Time and Affection
- Yard Waste Pick-Up
- Other Personalized Tasks. This may include mail retrieval, taking out trash, and plant watering.
- Initial Consultation- $20.00 During this 30-60 min visit we can complete the necessary paperwork, answer questions, transfer keys, and tour your home while discussing detailed instructions on how to care for your pets and home. This meeting is required for new clients and will be scheduled at least 48 hours prior to service, if possible.
- Regular Visit- $18.00 Minimum of 30 minutes. This service is best for routine feedings, short walks, and playtime. Most dogs will require 2 – 4 regular visits per day. Cats may be okay with 1 visit per day.
- Extended Visit- $21.00 Minimum of 45 minutes. This service is best for longer walks, multiple pet homes, and pets with special diets or special needs.
- Hourly Care- $23.00 1st hour and $20.00 each additional hour in the same day Minimum of 60 minutes and you can choose 1 hour increments of care.
Benefits For Your Dog:
- Exercise ensures good physical and mental health
- Helps establish and maintain a regular potty schedule
- Reduces stress of being contained for many hours
- Play time with favorite toys
- Provides socialization with people outside the family
- Having someone responsible in case of an emergency
Benefits For You:
- Knowing that your pet is in caring, loving hands
- Reduces “accidents” when your dog cannot “hold-it” for long periods, especially puppies
- Not having to burden family, friends, or neighbors
- Increased home security with the dog walker checking in on your home
- Discreet, personalized service
- No extra charges for multiple pets